Quote:

So do tell. How much Horsepower does it take to get a it two weeks ago. Predator headed TS car belonging to a friend of mine. It was built with the intention of spraying said motor with a 500 hit eventually. Just dont take that out here to get in. While I agree that is not 3 stages and 1000+ the motor seems to run fairly well for a Predator. He did hit it with a 150 shot, added the required 150lbs(2450 min) and went 6.96. He had the motor built for the larger hit in case he wanted to travel to the Midwest to race. He prefers to be at the top side of the ladder and it would likely take that much to do it.

Having said that believe me I understand the limitations. Bore is HP, period!! I am in the middle of my Predator build now and will be happy to see 1200 anything. We are already making plans to change a lot of stuff in it next time. But being anew aluminum block we just want to get some data and see how it works before we make any changes.

It is REALLY hard to quantify the small tire stuff for sure. Some folks are flat out better at getting that power down to the ground than others. Most all are killing a lot of power down low and applying it later down track. That will have an affect on ultimate ET's and speed. The sooner you pour all you have at it the quicker and faster you you will be. If you are struggling to get it downtrack makes sense to put in what you can to get it down the track. Just saying when it comes to dyno numbers on small tire cars going this fast getting it to the ground is the most important factor IMO.

This is all true Al, but mph for a given car weight, does not lie as to what it takes power wise, to push a certain car to a certain speed. It mostly makes me laugh when I hear guys at the track touting all these big HP numbers their motors supposedly made on the dynos, yet guys with WAY less power are wearing them out on a regular basis. Either there are a TON of really bad tuners out there, or a TON of "happy" dynos. In my own experiences, I vote for the latter.

Digby's motor could be made lots more nitrous friendly, with some changes and he knows that..........BUT, at the end of the day, the limited bore size will NEVER let the Mopar head breathe like the GM head on a bigger bore will. It's just simple physics. You CAN'T pass more through a smaller hole. This coupled to the fact that GM head development is an ongoing thing and the Mopar stuff is dead in the water, will only make the gap bigger and bigger in the future. I feel the Predator, while a GOOD head, is likely as good right now as it can ever be given the bore limits andthere seems to be a new and better off brand head nearly every day. You can NOT fight progress with 20 year old designs

Monte