Quote:

One VERY important thing is being overlooked here.....we DON'T RACE DYNO's. That is just a number on a piece of paper, that can be obtained solely at the discretion of the guy calibrating the dyno. Ever notice how many times you tell an engine builder that you would LIKE to make so and so horsepower, that you get a dyno sheet that just squeaks in over that number, funny how that works.

Now, as far as Digby's motor, it is a fine piece and makes good power. But also as ALL Mopar motors are, it is bore limited because of the bore space. Another fact.....when the Predator head was designed, they basically took a Pro-Filer GM head and figured out how to make it fit a Mopar engine and bolt on. So for all intents and purposes, a Predator motor is a smaller bore motor, with 10 year old head technology and you would expect that to keep up inch for inch with the latest GM offerings, yet on a smaller bore...........well OK, if you say so.

I know for a fact that Digby's motor, to swallow REALLY large doses of nitrous, needs some help. It has too much compression, the wrong camshaft, the quench is too tight and the heads need some chamber and short turn work. It was built with the intention of making as much N/A power as they could and spray it a little bit. It has already proven to be VERY timing sensitive to the fairly small amount they ever hit it with. The guy that drives and tunes the car, was talking with me about it on a regular basis.

The other motor I am speaking about in this thread, if you want to go by HP numbers from various dynos, is about 30hp behind Digby's..........BUT, was built 100% to spray hard. It has low compression, a monster camshaft, loose quench, the heads done right, heavy pistons and everything else a large dose nitrous motor needs. I can run as much timing in this motor on 3 kits as they were able to get by on ONE with Jason's motor...............And the NUMBER 1 FACT, this motor has been 4.40s @ 163mph in a 2900lb car numerous times and we don't hurt it. It comes apart at 60 passes for rods and rings and other than that, is trouble free.

Monte

I dont know all the technical stuff that you guys know about these big builds, Im just a smallblock bracket racer.

Monte, Jason is either 3350 or 3250 lbs for the leafspring class, do you think that with the changes you mentioned and getting down in weight that this could be a viable combo? I understand its limited on bore space and probably never be good enough for what you want to do, but how good do you think it could be with the changes you mentioned? Or would the changes that you'd make reduce the HP amount so much that it would hurt the overall performance to much to make it a viable combo?

MOPAR BORN,MOPAR BRED,AND WHEN I DIE I'LL BE MOPAR DEAD!!!