Quote:

This is 1/8th mile, no rules racing. The aero loss in the 1/8th is a non factor. Also how light would YOU think a 69 B-body would be. My guess is not very and I will hope that most others feel the same way.......Plus, the number ONE reason I am using the GTX, is because I HAVE the car, it has a 25.2 spec moly chassis under it and is 95% complete. I have every part to make it a complete roller. I don't have a motor, but that problem is solved, so we can be up and racing in a few months, not a year or more from now. Grudge racing is hot right now, so the sooner you get in, the better chance you have.

My thoughts on a Predator motor.........If they made the head in a 4.840 or 5.0 bore space, I would own one. On a 4.800 bore space.......I will pass. The small bore that you are limited to just kills a good head. The greatest head in the world won't breathe if the hole underneath pulling on it is too small.

I can slap some Mopar stickers on the valve covers and tell everyone they are old "Eicke Pro-Stock heads"...........how does everybody feel about that..........LOL!!!

See that is the thing about SOME of the "fickle" Mopar guys. When our Pro-stockers were running the GM type Eicke head on a GM type block, they were all cool with THAT, but those same guys say a Predator is not a real Mopar head because it doesn't LOOK like a Mopar head.

And yes, the motor that will be in the car is GM based, but it does NOT have a single GM part on it. It is an all alum aftermarket race engine, that kinda sorta looks like a Chevy, although no heads even resembling that ever left a GM factory............Just like no parts remotely resembling our(Mopar) current Pro-Stock heads and blocks did either. Oh but wait........the wires go in the covers, that makes it OK..........LOL!!!

And Ray, I would also MUCH RATHER have Mopar power, just don't know where to get what I need. It's easy for these guys to tell me I need a HEMI with twins, or a HEMI with a screw, but they ain't the ones that have to pay for it. And if somebody SHOWS me a Mopar wedge, that inch for inch, will outpower this motor I have and swallow the same amount of spray and LIVE.......I will buy one. Unfortunately on that fact, I know my money is safe.

Monte

Great post Monte, Really one of your best.

I'd like to think most of us have evolved in this journey through life and the sport. I'll readily admit that I was a Mopar Bible thumping, purple cam, Chrome box, super stock spring guy... "Who needs this new fangled MSD crap anyway?"

Then we learn, and adapt.

I was among those that cried fowl when the Predator first came on the scene. "E-I-I-E-E-I-I-E or it's not a real Mopar!"

Then we learn and adapt.

When the racing got so competitive that Pro Stock, Pro Mod, and NASCAR are building "Clean sheet" racing engines, I really stopped caring about who was claiming what in the engine bay. When Radford or Musi, or Harper come to town, and they are sporting 900-1000 cubic inches in a Mopar bodied race car, cool! I have no problem rooting for them.

As I stare down my 50th birthday, with a kid calling me Grandpa, what scares me is becoming that old timer that was still clinging to his flathead fords when I started out. I love BB Wedges, nitrous, and carbs... that's my comfort zone, and the desire for me to go faster than that will take me is waning pretty quickly.

I would implore Monte to get the ole GTX back out there and enjoy it in any way he see's fit. His car, his money, his dreams and desires! Keep us posted buddy, and good luck with it!

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines