Hanging transmission would distort clutch disc, not pressure plate fingers. Think heavy transmission shoved into disc splines but not into pilot hole. Think pull down on transmission and the damage that might ensue to clutch disc and the corruption to disc runout. Can be enough to keep clutch surfaces contacting both pressure plate and flywheel even though clutch pedal all the way down.

However sounding now more and more like somehow defective pressure plate or it's internal set up adjustments.

Minor suspicion motor mount positioning of engine, no options for clutch lever pivot, likely discard this.

Hate to say it but perhaps time to pull trans and clutch if all else is as you believe, in order.

I recently had to pull oil pan to resolve oil leaks on my 512 stroker 5 times to finally resolve a circus of missteps by 4 different so called reputable manufacturers and/vendors. And of course my fault in trusting each of them that they knew what they were doing or had the quality control to ensure that they did.

As I believe it was President Reagan was wont to say: 'Trust but verify'.