Not being Mopar wise in this particular area,,,does the clutch release(goes from external clutch linkage to throw out bearing) pivot on a ball just as with Chevy?

Is this pivot ball adjustable as with some Chevy balls( basically changing the angle of the fulcrum)' or are their different balls offered as certain GM configurations.

Is it possible to install either the throw out bearing or either clutch disc in backward,,,not suggesting that you did, just asking. It is possible on some cars to do this.

It is possible as I had mentioned in your other thread to severely distort a clutch disc if one leaves the transmission 'hanging' before trans main shaft is throughly ensconced into the pilot bearing,,,given all additional info now, doubt this is the problem.

Are you certain that is correct throw out bearing

Is it a Borg and Beck clutch or a diaphragm pressure plate. Is it possible that any fingers are compromised in some way,,,broken or distorted.

How does new clutch linkage compare dimensionally to that which you replaced?

You are certain that engine is properly placed via correct motor mounts and K member is all in place properly.

Did you replace flywheel and is it correct if you did,,,if thicker(or thinner) can throw off geometry of pivot ball, pressure plate and clutch release lever.

Assuming that you did not replace clutch pedal assembly and correct bell housing is used.

Damn, running out of ideas. McLeod's are the experts in the room, it is there clutch assembly(though not to insist it is there product at fault) surprised how they have shucked and jived you off with no solution. If it is happening to you, likely has happened to many who went before you so you would think that they would have seen this before.

Have you had the clutch out for a re-examination of all components since original installation to find if any damage to any?

Where earlier I said my dough was on the clutch as the cause of poor shift action, I now give even odds that is defective pressure plate or the geometry of the pivot ball,,,if this is used with Mopar too.

How's about a hydraulic clutch as a backup?

Last edited by Sxrxrnr; 06/29/14 10:06 PM.