There isnt a ball, just the fork is on a bracket that is inside the bellhousing. However it only goes on one way so there's no adjustment.

The throwout bearing can only go in one way and it is possible to install the discs backwards, but they are labeled with a sticker from the factory showing which side is the pressure plate side and which is the flywheel side. I double checked that they were facing the right way when installing them.

I installed a throwout bearing from McLeod and according to the part number it was the correct one, it seemed to fit fine too.

The clutch is a borg and beck and the transmission never rested on the fingers during the install, so unless they were slightly bent from shipping, they should be fine.

The linkage is factory replacement and the only difference from the previous setup is that the adjusting rod is straight for the big block and angled for the small block.

For the motor mounts I used the Schumacher hemi conversion mounts and supposedly people have said that the motors position is slightly different from stock, but this shouldn't affect the amount of distance the throw is for the fork. If anything it might cause the linkage to bind from being at a different angle; however I don't have a binding problem, just too much travel.

The flywheel I used came with the clutch kit and is made specifically for that clutch setup.

I don't want to install a hydraulic setup if I don't have too.

I have yet to take the trans and clutch back out for inspection. Ive been looking it over hoping to find a stupid mistake and fix the problem, but Ive looked over this a hundred times and I cant come up with anything. I appreciate all that help that has been given but Im pretty much at a loss of what to do at this point. I cant find any other clutch that is rated for the power for my engine, if I did have to go down that road. My engine dynoed right at 700 hp and the only other kit that I can find that is close is only rated to 500 hp.

1973 Cuda 528 all aluminum Hemi, 4 speed, 3.23 Sure-Grip, (JA5) Silver Frost Metallic 1973 Challenger Rallye 340 1985 W150 Power Ram prospector 1986 Camaro IROC-Z 305 tpi