The car started as a 340, 23 spline 4 speed and a hayes clutch. I put everything together and went through the transmission and everything worked fine in the car; clutch, transmission, shifter, etc. All new shifter linkage and rods, levers and clutch rod kit.

Next I put my hemi in the car with a 18 spline hemi 4 speed and a Mcleod rxt twin disc kit. Stock replacement bellhousing, new clutch linkage kit and pilot bushing from brewers performance. I used the same shifter linkage, mechanism, and rods that were on the car before and worked perfectly when I had them on there with the old motor and tranmission. When installing the clutch kit, I measured all the clearances with feeler gauges and everything was in spec that the gave me in the directions.

Now I have the problem with the clutch going overcenter when I push the pedal more than halfway down. The only way that I can adjust it so that it doesn't go overcenter and re-engage is when the clutch is adjusted to the point where the pedal is about 2-3 inches from the floor when it is all the way up and the 2-3 inches is all the travel that I have in the clutch.

I called the McLeod tech line three different times and the first two times the guys words were "I don't know what to tell you". The other time I was told that I can send it back and they would adjust the travel on the pressure plate fingers. However, I don't want to have to continuously take the clutch out, send it back, wait for them to adjust it, put it back in and find out that it needs more adjustment and repeat the whole process over and over. That is why I was asking and hoping to find some advice to make it work with what I have now.

1973 Cuda 528 all aluminum Hemi, 4 speed, 3.23 Sure-Grip, (JA5) Silver Frost Metallic 1973 Challenger Rallye 340 1985 W150 Power Ram prospector 1986 Camaro IROC-Z 305 tpi