Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Have you adjusted the free-play until the pedal is hard at the top yet? Then back it off till you have about one inch of free-play at the top. After you do that then check your plate departure and install a positive stop so you don't put the fingers into the springs on the disc.
If you can't adjust it to zero free-play then something is wrong with your linkage or you need to adjust your spacing on the release bearing
Gus

I adjusted it for the one inch of free play and the clutch was going overcenter and actually beginning to re-engage the further you pushed the pedal down. The only way I can keep it from going overcenter is when the pedal is adjusted where its about only 2 inches from the floor. The linkage on the car is fine, its all brand new and the same exact setup I used on the other clutch that I had in my car and everything worked perfectly fine.

This is why I suggested a positive pedal stop. When I had a twin in my car I needed to install a stop because the fingers would actually touch the disc when the pedal was pushed all the way down.
I just adjusted the pedal stop so my air gap was .030 between the floater and the first disc.
Gus

Whats involved in installing the positive stop for the pedal and where can I get one., Ive never seen one in person before. Im at work now so Im not sure on the measurements, but I ordered the big block E body Z bar from brewers when I was installing everything so Im hoping that I received the right one.

1973 Cuda 528 all aluminum Hemi, 4 speed, 3.23 Sure-Grip, (JA5) Silver Frost Metallic 1973 Challenger Rallye 340 1985 W150 Power Ram prospector 1986 Camaro IROC-Z 305 tpi