Quote:

Quote:

Have you adjusted the free-play until the pedal is hard at the top yet? Then back it off till you have about one inch of free-play at the top. After you do that then check your plate departure and install a positive stop so you don't put the fingers into the springs on the disc.
If you can't adjust it to zero free-play then something is wrong with your linkage or you need to adjust your spacing on the release bearing
Gus

I adjusted it for the one inch of free play and the clutch was going overcenter and actually beginning to re-engage the further you pushed the pedal down. The only way I can keep it from going overcenter is when the pedal is adjusted where its about only 2 inches from the floor. The linkage on the car is fine, its all brand new and the same exact setup I used on the other clutch that I had in my car and everything worked perfectly fine.

This is why I suggested a positive pedal stop. When I had a twin in my car I needed to install a stop because the fingers would actually touch the disc when the pedal was pushed all the way down.
I just adjusted the pedal stop so my air gap was .030 between the floater and the first disc.
Gus

8187505-savoyburnout.jpg (76 downloads)

64 Plymouth Savoy
493 Indy EZ's by Nick at Compu-Flow
5-Speed Richmond faceplate Liberty box
Dana 60