I actually like doing the research and figuring out how to make things work. I like thinking outside the box and finding applications that I can make fit. It takes a lot of money to but caliper brackets and rotors just to see if I can make them fit, so I have been just doing the math and calculations lately.

I have laid out the rotor brackets in cad and had them cut on a water jet for the ones that are presently on my car now from 4140, I am still wondering if I should make a set from aluminum. They are .375 thick if aluminum, .400 in 4140 precision ground plate. I could do the same thing with the 380 mm rotors, the hat height on the 380's would require me to use 2 brackets that are bolted together to offset the caliper bracket to get the right offset.

The 305mm rotors that I have now have brackets that are 1 piece and require 17" wheels to clear the calipers. The 380's would require 19" wheels. I like the idea of larger wheels for better handling but I hate the rubber band look. I am just pondering about this as a project. Tim

1941 Taylorcraft
1968 Charger
1994 Wrangler
1998 Wrangler
2008 Kia Rio
2017 Jetta

I didn't do 4 years and 9 months of Graduate School to be called Mister!