2 years ago to the day I brought this tired, worn out, Duster home with me to Nevada. I don't know what made this particular Duster so appealing in the Ebay auction, but I knew this was "the one" in terms of doing a ground up restoration the right car. I wanted to 70 Swinger 340 more than a Duster actually, but finding an A body with matching #'s and all of the cool options in a good color doesn't happen often. Its been alot of hard work but I never wanted to "bail out" of this project. After seeing the results it was all worth it, especially when looking back at what i started with. Thanks go my understanding wife Liz and my kids for all their help. My friend and painter Dave Raber really gets a lot of credit for making this car look stunning, thanks man!! I'd also really like to thank Scott Smith for all his help and guidance along the way. Sorry the scoops are staying though. There are so many members on here who I bought parts from, got answers to questions I had, and just provided much needed encouragement along the way, THANK YOU ALL!! Theres still some little things do and buy (seat hinge covers, washer hose, etc) so its not 100% finished, as almost any car never is. I will continue to post updates now and then. My original goal was 1 year which I could have done if I lived in a perfect world, but you can't control things like your painters house burning down. I tried to use as many board sponsors for parts and supplies as I could because they truly support our hobby. My next goal is MATS or Spring Fling and some magazine coverage. In the meantime it will be time to get some miles on it and hit some local shows.
It drives very nice and smooth, albeit slower than my 512 Road Runner I sold. No squeaks or rattles so far, just a tranny that likes to leak

7573144-photo-1.JPG (201 downloads)