Its time get serious on restoring my 71 Duster 340. I bought this car back in Jan and have been doing little things on it as time and $ allowed. Its almost time for paint so I thought I'd share the build.
The guy I bought the car from got it from the original owner in Escondido, CA. He thought was going to restore it but wasn't really in Mopars, so after owning it for 6mos he deceided to sell it. It came with the original carb, wing, and a lot of new, in the box, parts. We agreed on a price and I picked it up on Superbowl sunday, listening to game on the way home.
Shortly after getting it home I started digging around to get the original owners contact info. Thanks to my wife she found the correct phone #. I finally got in contact with Woody and listened to all his stories about the car he had. It was sitting on the showroom floor when they bought it, and it was pretty spendy at the time as its loaded with options. It had the name "Dusty" written on the decklid and I asked it that was its nickname, he laughed and said no...it was called "The Ruster". Thanks to the surface rust and being stored under a heavy canvas tarp outside for 15 years...
The car has the #'s matching motor and trans. The fender & inspectors tag were on it, but no build sheet has been found. It runs and drives well, other than looking & sounding like something Joe Dirt would drive! I've rounded up all the parts I need to complete the restoration. It didn't need much as the only thing changed on it was the exhaust, cam, wheels, and carb. Time to get busy!

6783882-Dusterdrvehome.jpeg (1997 downloads)
Last edited by NV69B7RR; 10/06/11 04:31 PM.