Quote:

Quote:

Would it really be worth is for a 340 duster? Restoring a car is expensive as it is already adding the cost of another motor just puts you deeper in the hole. I'm facing the same issue with my 383 roadrunner and I can't justify the expense. A buddy of mine did this with his 64 GTO and the motor trans and rear end have been sitting around collecting dust for 20+ years. If you do sell the car then the next guy will have to tear the car apart if he wants the numbers matching motor in it. Sorry for the hi-jack but holding these cars with kid gloves is getting too expensive.

Every owner has a unique set of personal budget and other circumstances that will vary their experiences owning cars and parts.

What does NOT vary is the VERY small number of remaining numbers matching 71 340 manual trans Dusters & Demons existing today, and the value difference between a non numbers matching vs a numbers matching example CERTAINLY outweighs the cost of a replacment short block 340 or 360.......In most cases many times over.

So the price difference is roughly $3-3.5k plus the labor and time of having two engines X2? If you were to sell you still would have to lug around the short block or engine block. Unless you were running in the fast or pure stock races I can't see the need to build another engine.

56 Plaza 63 D100 step side 67 Coronet, 68 Roadrunner, 69 Super Bees, 69 Coronet 500 convertible, 70 Roadrunner Post, 79 D150 360, and a severe case of Mopar a,d,d