Quote:

I didn't asign a value difference in dollars because it's impossible to do, what i'm saying is that there WILL be a value difference and it will be substantial, and there will be an even bigger demand difference because there are many people looking for a numbers matching car that will not compromise and will pass entirely if one number doesn't match. The cost of a 340/360 shortbock assembly can vary between practically free and a few grand, a small price to pay to ensure and preserve a cars #'s status and pass on the gamble of running the original block. Yes, it's rare to break a stock block in a street application but it does happen, 340's are thin wall blocks and I've seen many of them crack just from hot or cold weather. IMO it's a no brainer decision, but to each his own.

But if you did have to assign a value it would have to be pretty big because of all the work involved. Building a car and not having the motor built and installed has to take away from the value. If you had to tear the car apart once it was painted and detailed to add the original motor wouldn't make sense. Additionally if you were going to do the car why not do the motor at the same time.

56 Plaza 63 D100 step side 67 Coronet, 68 Roadrunner, 69 Super Bees, 69 Coronet 500 convertible, 70 Roadrunner Post, 79 D150 360, and a severe case of Mopar a,d,d