maroon into black. used some purple degreaser full strength, and scrubbed parts thoroughly. gave a good rinse, and let them dry. next took some xylene and tack rags, and wiped them all down, and let them dry again.

next i gave everything a couple of light coats of SEM flexible surface primer, and let them dry. next i went with a couple of light coats of SEM trim black. i finished off the parts with a light topcoat of seymour semigloss trim black. the semigloss gives a finish closest to the look of the original panels.

i prefer the SEM paints over dye. dye seems to create multiple shades of the color, and sometimes "blooms", making it hard to create a realistic looking finish. the other reason is, i can always touch up, or even repaint, or add a new piece of trim, and get a match. all i need is some SEM trim black, and Seymour semi gloss trim black.

the cost for changing colors was less than 100 bucks, for paint and materials. this doesnt include the fabrics, such as carpet, headliner and recovering the seat.

7508019-blacktrim.jpg (180 downloads)

"When Tyranny Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty"