got the bed off, and finished the repair to the b pillar, and lower front fender. doing some roof repair at the windshield up top. mopar-gnome knows the deal, and the work is done. sanding and taping up are tomorrow. got some pxr shot on a scrap piece to test the color, and the amount of pearl looks pretty good.

repainting all trim and bumpers, airdam, etc. pulled the door panels, headliner, etc., to get the door seals off, for doing jams properly, so will be doing some fatmat on ceiling and door panels while it's all apart. cleaned off all interior trim pieces with some acetone, then doing a SEM self etching primer coat, then a SEM trim black topcoat.

headliner and seats to be recovered with black, after the first of the year. got custom molded carpet in black, and will mat the floor and rear cabwall, when i pull the carpets. dash is cracked, so got a dash cap, and am using a "hammered" black finish on it, since it comes in a smooth finish.

to finish off the bass ackwards project, the engine will be done last. when i pull it for stroking, i'll finish the black in the engine compartment with a trim sprayer. seems like the right time to do hanger flip since the back is blown apart. might do it now, while it's all open and accessible.

7489253-P1010002(2).JPG (219 downloads)

"When Tyranny Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty"