tearing down the truck this weekend, for final bodywork and new paint next week. decided on a high metallic black, with some pearl flake in it. after chasing down an intermittent miss for a long time, i decided to try new wires. i got in touch with sunroofgtx and got his firecore wires for the smallblock. i asked rich what plugs he likes with his wires. rich suggested some E3's, so i snagged a set.

i never found the bad wire(s) but on occasion, i had some missing, backfires, etc. every so often i could hear a loud "snap" with the hood open, as a spark jumped to ground somewhere. i looked for a long time, and never found it. i even used some soapy water, and wet my hands, grabbed a good ground and worked the wires over hoping to get zapped and find the bad spot. never did find it.

the new plugs and wires are pretty sweet, and rich even went in to work on an off day, and fabbed the set up for me. pretty awesome guy, right? the miss is gone, and it seems to me, that the motor is running a lot better. those wires are a lot nicer than any auto parts stores junk, thats for sure.

pics of the teardown this weekend, then of the painting. getting some shelby decals from dave at positive impressions for the windshield and tailgate, and then the mopar express kit is going on. should look pretty sweet in all black. all thats left then will be the interior, and the stroker and six pack.

"When Tyranny Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty"