Quote:

I would like to see a little change though, I would like to see a 30 mile drive, a cool down then a best of 3 passes, with a few conditions, after the drive, you can not open the hood, you can only add Gas and adjust air pressure to tires.
I saw this at a ford race with a class called real street, this would make it more impressive.
my

Most of the guys at the Pure Stocks wouldn't do this!!!! And I bet those guys were also running Drag Radials or Street Slick and were banging away on a keyboard to put in different fuel maps and opening up their Nitrous bottles. You may not be impressed with what they are doing, but I know that I am!!! Am I running in FAST, no. Do I want to run in FAST, no. Am I a supporter of their racing, YES!!!!

As for the tires standing up these speeds and not having a speed rating.... I have my call in to John Kelsey. A speed rating on a modern radial is a designation that this tire has been tested to be able to endure that speed, constant, for a set period of time (45- 1 hour if my memory serves correct). The reproduction tires are all DOT certified to a specific standard.

Last edited by SmallHurst; 10/06/10 04:46 PM.

Snarl softly and carry a BIG stick 1969 Hurst/Olds Pure Stock 13.23@ 103.1 and the a/c blows cold! Rusty Small