Quote:

Lane said he would give up 75 cubes if he could run a set of hemi heads,dual quads and exhaust manifolds.Dave and the other racers don't have problems with Lanes car.It has a factory 429 CJ block heads and intake just like the other racers.I think every make has some advantages and some disadvantages.The 429 CJ has a cube advantage .As far as the carb it is legal with a single inlet with the dual feed bowls like the factory.Lane knows the carb is holding the car back some and a dual quad would another 50 hp.

He can get the duel quads or the hemi heads and run a Ford but you can't have both.

Honestly I don't have a problem with his engine size but the front suspension is a contradiction of what the class is about in my opinion. I don't have a a dog in the fight but have been a big fan of the class since it came about. You know those L88 Corvettes would probably be safer with some sort of bolt on traction device. They already removed the air filter from the hood chamber because it was a fire hazard.

Getting old just means you were smarter than some and luckier than others.