Quote:

Quote:

"The RoadRunner is a 496."
"(LANE claims 588 cubes)"

Whoa!!! Giving up 92 cubic inches and only 0.15 behind in et?!

Yeah, it looks like the Hemi's two carbs, better intake, better exhaust manifolds and, I'm assuming, cylinder head flow advantage makes it pretty even (both are running very similar MPH's ).......

Wonder what both car weigh?

Quote:

The tires these guys run in this class are an accident waiting to happen. Why they continue to run those tires is crazy, someone is going to get hurt bad.

I've never heard of a factory bias ply tire coming apart, even back in the day, especially when they're less than a few years old, like these guys are running them.......

Wayne, you beat me to it.

The Hemi has more advantages than any other entry in terms of factory parts. Hands down. And you aren't stuck trying to make 40 and 50 year old parts work in this type of environment. You have the luxury of using new stuff if you wish.

For those that think that bigger is better, consider this. The two Cook A12 cars went as follows.

493"-stick car went a best of [Email]10.81@129.[/Email]
526"- auto car went a best of [Email]10.73@128.[/Email]

The 526" is a more sophisticated build in a lighter car with an automatic.

Not so sure that the extra cubes is the whole answer, especially with a flow limuted head like the 906 and the traction issues of the bias ply redlines.

MB