Quote:

Going to the old places somehow seems a little sad. Last year I had the privilege of meeting "fullmetaljacket" in NY & we BS'd about some old places & cars. The next day I wandered over to Connecting, Utopia Pkwy, Francis Lewis Blvd, among other places & although I could distinctly rememebr the cars, the BSing we did there, even some of the old speed shops nearby I couldn't imagine doing the same things nowadays-and that seemed a shame. Today's gearheads will never know the speed shop stories, the cruising & streetracing we did,alot of times just for fun, or the affordibility (compared to now) of it all.
Still, as I told "FMJ", when my Dart's done I'm taking it back to Connecting for one final pass...........

You are right!! Back then it was a "hobby" or to
some a "sport". Something to do, not only to express yourself through your brand or taste in vehicles, but also to learn an "extensive" and very lucrative craft. Automotive Performance Technology. For some it was/is a way of life
and for others it was/or still a business . For the distinct, it was and still is, a GROWING concept that will NEVER cease to exist!! BTW, pm me
before the Dart test drive.

Last edited by HYPER8oSoNic; 03/27/11 02:02 PM.

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)