From time to time I will do a dealer trade run for one of the local Chrysler dealers here in Indy. Last week they asked if I could go to Cincinnati on a trade. Sure, no problem as I wasn't real busy. Since my wife is now retired I asked her to ride along and of course she said okay.

We're heading out Interstate 74 towards Cincinnati and as we go under the Franklin Road overpass I point to the bridge and say "there it is". She said "there what is?" I said the finish line. "The finish line? What are you talking about?." By that time we were 1/4 mile down the road and I pointed to the Intersate sign on the other side of the road and said "there it is". She says "there what is?" I told her that was the starting line. "The starting line?" So I explained to her that back in the late 60's this is where we did most of our street racing. She wasn't in my life at that point in time. So she looks over and says...oh.

So we do the vehicle trade and are heading back on the same interstate. As we are approaching the "race track from yesteryear" she says " if the conditions were right you'd do it again wouldn't you?" All I could do was look at her and smile.

A lot of great memories on Interstate 74.