Quote:

He had a whole lot of cars, but i remember a black 1968 cuda 383 formula s and a 1967 chevelle (don't know what color it was then but it's blue now.

Could thay have been the "Competition Speed" chevelle? It was mostly white with red & blue stripes. It was one of those "plated" racecars that someone mentioned. It ran out of my friend's speeds shop in Queens but they raced it ALOT on the street.
I remember one night on the Van Wyck they were running the car--had the usual traffic backed-up but somehow the police were able to get through. Both cars took off & they chased the Chevelle. The driver, "Hogan" almost loses them in a neighborhood-- he parks the car, bails out of it & hides in a pile of ivy. The cops come along, find the car & impound it. Not only did it cost them the impound & fines but the guys they were running won the race. My buddy & various "backers" said the race wasn't good as they didn't stage proprerly (?) for it to go off fairly. These guys would have none of that and "persuaded" the "bag man" to hand over the cash ----proof positive these races weren't always fun-'n-games........