Ok.. first off... disclaimer.. It's not a Mopar!

Now, in 1980 my parents bought me a 1975 Monte Carlo, 350 auto. Nice ride.. me and a buddy Ray did some work on the engine, had a shift kit put in the turbo 350/Posi and had some fun. One night a local guy with a "NEW" 1982?? Mustang (Black on Black w/green stripes)Turbo 5 speed was laughing at some of us with bigger/older cars as he called them... needless to say one thing led to another and the challenge went out... I'd run my big/old Monte up againest his Mustang (temp tag still in the rear window and all!). He also stated... If I beat him he'd burn the car!!!!!!

Well, we lined up... for a 2 out of three on the Old Sydney Road.... I got him off the line and the first one was mine. Second one was a bit closer but I pulled away when he was around third gear..... no need for a rubber match!

We got together later that night (about 2AM) and sat out on his front step watching a flicker of light away in the distance (a huge open field)... the Mustang was no more.... it was turned into a big BBQ..LOL!!!! A few weeks later he was driving another Mustang.. again NEW.. white car w/a 302 Auto!!!

Bryan

P.S... here's a picture of me and my Monte Carlo back in the early 80's... I still have the car!

5595690-MonteCarlo-2.jpg (346 downloads)

Don't be stupid.... it's not smart!

1970 Super Bee. Big blk 4 speed car.
1973 Dodge Dart Sport 340 4 speed car.
1985 Dodge Ram D-100 /6 auto. Original paint
1990 Dodge Ram D-150 V-6 5 Speed. Original paint
1995 Chrysler LHS V-6 auto. Original paint
2014 Ram 1500 R/T 5.7 Hemi...!