Quote:

I posted a thread that was directed to the 16-35 year old Mopar group and it is having a pretty good response. A few of them wanted to hear some of our (over 40?) stories from our teenage years as it related to our cars, racing, etc.

This request reminded me of the weekends hanging out at the local drive-in burger joints showing our rides off, looking for a good race for the evening and just being around a bunch of like minded gear heads. But most of all it reminded me of going from burger joint to burger joint looking for the kid from another high school that thought he had a fast car and then taking him out on the interstate and blowing his doors off.

Having said this I am in no way promoting street racing, it is dangerous and illegal, but the "Young Guns" like hearing our stories so if you have a particular memory that you would like to share please do so. I think they will enjoy hearing about our past as much as we enjoy remembering it.

100% with you MG. The stories we tell of the fast cars, burger/pizza joints and making runs
after we take our dates home is so true. However,
the action can be very dangerous if there is no control over these actions. As MG stated, I too
do not support street racing, sadly I lost two
"aquaintances" to this activity. You have to understand back in the post-WWII era till 1980's
there was a steady surge of population everywhere
there was a metro or town area. Most runs were in deserted places back then, now most roads ARE
heavily traveled which makes the accident factor
go though the roof. Words of advice "young guns",
support your local racetrack, NO ALCOHOL WHILE
DRIVING and MOST IMPORTANT, STAY LEGAL AND SAFE.
It's on you guys and gals to carry the hot rodding
tradition on after some of us are called to the
"giant track in the sky". And you will be able to tell the next generations of "young guns" your
experiences and stories. Take care!!!

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)