Quote:

OK, so one night I'm supposed to race Scotty Guadagno...
Time to get drastic. We found a few more trinkets to add to the pile, as did Scotty's guys. At the last second, I decide to pull out all the stops. Scotty is in the truck waiting for me to line up..I motion for him to wait a minute while I take a leak. I stepped out into the weeds, drained my bladder, and then took off all my clothes and tossed them on the pile. I jumped in the car, lined up, and off we went. At the end of the quarter, we had it by half a bumper..VICTORY at LAST!
Lemme tell ya. I street raced NYC 7 nights a week everywhere and in everything you can imagine, but that one night with the truck and the borrowed car was the tightest, most fun racing I think I ever had.

Hey Tony, the way I heard it you went out behind Scotty's trailer to take a dump and then pulled him by a car.

Awwwwww, c'mon, ya don't believe me? Ya can't make stuff like that up! I've got a long standing rep for going over-the-top, maddog for any victory. The Niel in that story is legendary Automotive Journalist to the stars Niel Van Oppre...I got witnesses!!!
There was one night I was runnin something down at the Fount, and having no luck getting any hook at all..it was brutal and I was gettin my asss handed to me lap after lap. So, my wife was standing off to the side spectating...I decided to put her to 105 pounds to use.
Lee (Full Metal Jacket) was the starter that night, and I had his 3 count down to an absolute science. I made my wife get in the back seat...leaning all the way forward, kinda hunched over the back of the front seat. When lee got to two, of the three count, I'd have Kathy throw her weight as hard as she could into the right rear corner of the seat. When I saw her body move, I would swap feet and go. The strategy worked like gangbusters and we were in the hunt for the rest of the night.
Those were some great times man....shiit...I gotta race something. Lee, is there still any action up there?

Last edited by Qbird; 11/05/09 01:14 AM.