Originally Posted by rickseeman
I've never put a World Products block in a car. But I tried to put an Indy block in a car and had an experience like yours. I have 3 blocks here. One Street hemi, one mega block and a new KB. All three are different widths at the motor brackets. .600" variance between the 3. I don't know what would happen if you put 2 of those blocks in a car. I have put a 1995 hemi block in a 70 Superbird with Schmacher mounts on a wedge K-frame using Stage V valve covers. (Stage V made your valve covers for Ray Barton.) It was tight but everything fit perfect. (I think I had to use bolts instead of studs in the value covers to get them on.) I think the Schumacher mounts were one of the best fitting/performing parts of the 200 or so parts I bought to do the car. Someday I will find a set of real prints for a Hemi block and then I can tell you the problem.

That's interesting that they're that far off. I hope that mine isn't one of the ones that are way off. I've always wondered to myself if my block was machined wrong due to all of the other issues with it.

1973 Cuda 528 all aluminum Hemi, 4 speed, 3.23 Sure-Grip, (JA5) Silver Frost Metallic 1973 Challenger Rallye 340 1985 W150 Power Ram prospector 1986 Camaro IROC-Z 305 tpi