Originally Posted by NITROUSN
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by NITROUSN
What transmission and cross member? You might be to low and that incorrect radiator may be an illusion.

Take a look at the distributor height to R F'well eek that thing is way too high in the front IMO twocents

Thats why I asked about the trans and crossmember. If it was low back there it would raise it in the front. He claims its all ok back there. He is already hitting the gear box so lower is not an option. There is something wrong somewhere.

iagree 100%. Sometimes walking away for a few days or another pair of eyes will reveal the issue. Myself, I would come back to the valve cover issue at a later time and get the motor in where it is supposed to be.
I had a Magnum force FE with a 472 dome by another shop and it was a flippin mess. Of course we were the only ones with this problem whistling. Original owner 69 Charger never been wrecked. Took a lot of hours to get things sorted out.

Another though just occurred eek With the motor in place as it is, what is the oil pan to crossmember clearance ?
Remove the L header and R valve cover set it back in place and measure again. While it won't resolve the issue it may give a clue.
i will also mention we have had to move header tubes or dimple them more than once.

I do have a long story on Hooker header side exhaust that I'll save for another time. I will say they did compensate me once they were caught with their pants down. Another case of "You're the only one with the problem" REALLY??? 💩💩💩💩 whistling