Originally Posted by fastmark
If my memory serves me correctly on the two I have installed, they both took special mods. These were stage V valve covers but they are probably the same. We used the stock k frame on both of these cars. One had Arruzza mounts. It was a 68 charger. All we had to do to it was put a 1/4” steel plate spacer between the rubber and the steel mount. It cleared. The e body had Schumacher mounts and the first one did not come close. He called Schumacher and they had a special mount to raise the right side. It still may have taken a spacer, I’m not sure. I’ve got a picture on my phone I’ll try and post. The 65 SS cars had a right side shock tower that was modified and recessed right at the point wher the shock bolts to the tower. The valve covers cleared, you just could not pull them off for the tech inspector at the track. I know you said you have a hemi k frame but my point is you will have to space the right side higher in order for it to fit. This picture is after the mod. I don’t have a picture of the valve cover but it was about the same.

For the spacer, did you put it between the rubber mount and engine or the rubber mount and the k member.

1973 Cuda 528 all aluminum Hemi, 4 speed, 3.23 Sure-Grip, (JA5) Silver Frost Metallic 1973 Challenger Rallye 340 1985 W150 Power Ram prospector 1986 Camaro IROC-Z 305 tpi