Originally Posted by 73cuda340
No accidents. Car sat since 1981 before I got it. I had to slightly clearance the power steering box that was originally in the car for the headers to fit with the original small block k member with the Schumacher conversion mounts. I thought for sure once I had the hemi k member conversion done by al debevec and the manual steering box, which is half the size installed, all of my issues would be fixed. They're even worse now. Everyone praises his work and they don't have any issues. I called him about the issues and he said he builds them on a jig and actually tests the fit with TTI headers. I don't know if it's a bad set of mounts or headers at this point. With a hemi and headers, I can understand a slight bit of rubbing somewhere or maybe a small ding needed in a header tube, but even with a manual box, the engine can't even physically be installed in the car.

Al did my wedge to hemi conversion for my 69 Charger. I have the TTI 2 1/8 headers. First was the valve cover right side. Got a new clearanced one from Indy. Then the left header was hitting the pitman arm. TTI said it was the K-Frame. It measured perfect from what they have listed for locating from TTI. I was lucky and found a cherry original Hemi K and stuck that in. Guess what same thing. Al's work was spot on. TTI took the left side back and sad wow we made a mistake. So I get it back and pitman is fine but now its hitting the power gear box. TTI just said send it back. I made a hardwood mold and massaged the header in my press along with grinding the gear box. I must of dropped the K out 3 times before I was able to get about 1/8 to 3/16 clearance. I was not sending them back again. The guy that bought Al's K from me said it worked perfect for him. Al will tell you straight out he hates headers as every one is different. Just my 2 cents

Last edited by NITROUSN; 02/21/23 11:13 PM.