Originally Posted by DrCharles
That IS where my primary t-slot exposure is... and the secondaries are closed, because otherwise it idles too fast with the 4x .100" holes and the "grab whatever fits" PCV valve I'm running whistling Fortunately I have a 4-speed and the idle is 1200+ anyway, so I don't have to worry about an in-gear drop.

I found an old Speedtalk thread (https://www.speed-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2767) where the guy didn't like holes in the blades because that airflow comes past the boosters and tends to start them too early. Wonder if that's part of my problem... anyway he recommended bypass air without holes. Dom absolutely is against any bypass as you can see, above. Some others recommend turning off the secondary idle screws completely and just dealing with the primary idle circuit!

To have even more things to change, as if I wasn't up to my ass in alligators already, I ordered some non-drilled blades and a Fram FV178 smile

I would suggest saving the 6 bucks and spending the money on the only tuneable PCV valve out there. And that’s the ME Wagner PCV valve. I have no idea of what the flow rates are of that Fram part number, but whatever it is, the absolute improbability of it being correct for a combination like yours is astronomical. I doubt Fram has anyone developing a PCV valve for applications like this because because any fixed orifice PCV valve that would work for you would never work for me. So they would literally be developing a part number to sell what?? maybe, maybe 5 of them for the entire country and it may work correctly on one application.

I can’t stress the importance of not only using a PCV valve but on using a tunable one. And Wagner makes the only one.

With your manifold vacuum at idle you can still use it in dual mode and it will change the tune up.

Just my .02 cents, but I use one and use one on any engine I do that has much more than a pretty mild street cam in it.

Worth every penny.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston