Originally Posted by DrCharles
How's your AFR and vacuum at cruise? Can you get it above stoich, or at least 14:1?

I could go to a 4500 but then I'd also have to get a single-plane manifold to match... concerned about the effect on torque when not WOT (which is nearly all of the time) work

Thread some aluminum bolts into the carb mounting holes and cut them off flush. Then drill and tap new holes for the Dominator carb. You might have to open the plenum up some, but that's no big deal either. I have done this on several different intakes over the years. Works fine and costs about $10 for the aluminum bolts.

In my personal experience, I don't feel that the Dominator hurts the torque or drive-ability on the street once dialed in. I agree with Dominic that the Dominator carbs are the way to go on our hotter/bigger big blocks and Hemis. I have a 1050 Dominator with Dominic's metering blocks on my primarily street 540 Hemi. Drives great. On mine, the key was getting the mains to come in early enough (1,900 RPM +/-) so that I could keep the engine happy when on the slot, and then cruising on the mains in the mid 14s at that lower RPM .

Master, again and still