Originally Posted by tex013
T slot jet is too small .T slot and iab work in conjunction , increase or decrease together What size idle feed restrictor as this will affect idle and off idle . What powervalve ?

With the original .081" TSR the top of the t-slot was pig rich (10.5)...
IFR .031, PV 5.5.
Eventually I will put in smaller main jets, a 9.5 PV and enlarge the PVCR (.059") as needed.

A long time ago a smart man told me - dont fixate on the afr number give it what it wants .
Example my cruise , 25/2900 is 13.4 any leaner and it surges .Peak hp is at 12.9
granted i run a 1050 now but all holley are same principal . When i used the 1000HP on my 505 i had to adjust the same to get it to run as good as it had on the 440

If I ignore the AFR number then I'll have to stop at even MORE gas stations and buy stock in Champion or Autolite... with a highway cruise AFR of 14.5-15:1 I was still only getting 9.2 mpg at a steady 60 mph. (3.91 gears, no OD).
This carb felt great as-delivered but was stinky rich at idle and everywhere else.
I've never had a lean surge at cruise even as high as 15.5:1 and didn't bother pushing it any higher.