Originally Posted by DrCharles
That was my plan once I got the t-slot + mains cleaned up (an earlier-opening PV and probably larger PVCR).
As I just posted, I think it's time to make the main jet smaller, and I messed up on the MAB and should've made it smaller too so it won't lean out as much with larger throttle openings.

But you're right that I'll absolutely need an earlier-opening PV especially if I reduce the main jet, since that would make the curve hole worse. I have a 9.5 handy so I'll try that first.

"Light acceleration" is a relative term with this setup in street use. Even at 10" vacuum, still on the primaries (less than 40% throttle with the progressive linkage), and in 4th gear, it accelerates quite promptly when starting at 3000 where the cam is just coming into the start of the powerband.

I hate to change multiple things at once, but I'll probably wear out the main body threads before I get all this sorted one change at a time!

OK, so: drop PMJ from 77 to 74(?); change PV to 9.5; then reduce MAB to .030 or even .028. Not sure about the .059 PVCR yet but I know they're bigger on my old 800.
How's that sound?

I’m not sure I would drop the MAB any and if you do make that change, I would do it after you make the other changes. The good news is the bowls don’t have to come off to do that!!!! If you reduce the size of the MAB you delay the booster coming on, and you will make the A/F ratio richer at higher RPM. So the bigger MAB has the opposite affect, which is a bigger MAB will get you on the booster sooner and lean the higher RPM.

The rest looks like what I would do.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston