Originally Posted by krautrock
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I would like to see you use a #75 jet size instead of going to the # 74 up scope twocents

agreed, i have one of these 1.45" 950 carbs and i went from 78 to 72 (expecting it to be lean) and ended up getting back up to 74 or 75 to get the cruise happy. stepped downleg boosters.
this is on a mile 360 with the normal stuff, headers, airgap intake, good compression and semi lumpy cam...

Sounds a lot like my setup except it's a 451 with a really lumpy cam laugh

i would get the cruise jetting in the range needed then go back to try to fine tune the IFR and TSR and bleeds. i made a spreadsheet to calc what PV area i needed to get the whole primary side jetting area with the smaller jets to equal what it was with the baseline jets..

But the whole point is that I'm having trouble because cruise throttle position, even at 60 mph, is still on the transfer slots wink
So if I change the IFR, TSR, IAB then I've changed the cruise AFR too! That's why I started with the idle, then the transfer, then the cruise, and finally will deal with the PVCR. And then I can try the secondaries... although it's too darn fast to test full WOT safely on the street. whistling

Anyway it's chilly this morning and I still haven't readjusted the clutch linkage, getting too old to lie on the cold driveway, so no test results yet. whistle
(MAB still .036, #75 jets, 9.5" PV).

Krautrock, did you use a wideband AFR to tune your carb?