Originally Posted by DrCharles
Originally Posted by tex013
T slot jet is too small .T slot and iab work in conjunction , increase or decrease together What size idle feed restrictor as this will affect idle and off idle . What powervalve ?

With the original .081" TSR the top of the t-slot was pig rich (10.5)...
IFR .031, PV 5.5.
Eventually I will put in smaller main jets, a 9.5 PV and enlarge the PVCR (.059") as needed.

A long time ago a smart man told me - dont fixate on the afr number give it what it wants .
Example my cruise , 25/2900 is 13.4 any leaner and it surges .Peak hp is at 12.9
granted i run a 1050 now but all holley are same principal . When i used the 1000HP on my 505 i had to adjust the same to get it to run as good as it had on the 440

If I ignore the AFR number then I'll have to stop at even MORE gas stations and buy stock in Champion or Autolite... with a highway cruise AFR of 14.5-15:1 I was still only getting 9.2 mpg at a steady 60 mph. (3.91 gears, no OD).
This carb felt great as-delivered but was stinky rich at idle and everywhere else.
I've never had a lean surge at cruise even as high as 15.5:1 and didn't bother pushing it any higher.

If you have 15 inches of vacuum at cruise you NEED a 10.5 power valve. Opening the PV as late as you are puts a hole in the fuel curve just like you are getting and you have to cover it somehow.

In other words, because the PV is opening so late, you can’t cut the T slot back far enough to clean it up. Open the PV sooner and let it do it’s job and you should be able to take some fuel away from the T slots and lean it up.

Unless I’m missing something that’s what I see.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston