Originally Posted by 440Jim
Originally Posted by WadeMetzinger
I asked him last night about those Man_P and Man_V and he said they weren't hooked up, so not sure what they are or what they were measuring..

It was raining on Friday so he did hook up the air plenum to a vent that pulls air from control room where he had a window A/C unit running. It wasn't very cool in there but the air was much dryer, he said pulling air from outside with the rain would be pointless as it would never run in the rain.
Wade,
Do you know if the air supply to the engine room has a fan forcing air into the room? Without one, the pressure in the room could drop as the exhaust pumps the room pressure down.
"Man_P and Man_V not hooked up" Does that mean the sensor(s) were hanging in the engine room? i.e. just not installed on the engine
If the engine room pressure was dropping due to duct restriction, that could explain lower power and the flatter torque. Assuming the dyno correction factor assumed the pressure constant (ambient/outside).

You guys are talking way over my head...lol

Here is a picture of the dyno room, there are 2 really high speed fans that he uses when making pulls, one pushes air in and one pulls air out. And then like I said below the plenum pull from a vent from the control room. (this picture is from a few years ago when I built that 572 B1 Drag Week motor with Monte Smith)

Dyno room.jpg