I finally received the pistons, they were ordered back in Feb but COVID-19 has held them up…

Now I’m just waiting on the GRP rods, they were ordered at the same time and GRP never shut down but I’m guessing they slowed down and we did get a call asking if we wanted Chevy or Mopar beam angle so I’m thinking they had them built and then had to scrap them and start over…

Decided not to coat them, there are some benefits but not sure they are worth the cost.

Upgraded the pins to H-13

Vertical Gas ported

.043/.043 rings (could have gone smaller but I'm not running vacuum pump so I thought this would give me some smaller ring pack benefits and not get in trouble going to thin and having to run vacuum pump)
- edit, I ordered .043 . 043 but it looks like they made them .9 .9 and 3mm... doh! the oil ring is 10# so I need to call Total Seal and find out if that will work without vacuum pump.
-->They said 10# wouldn't work so they are sending me a different oil ring expander to increase the pressure.

Update - When we ordered pistons we were shooting for 12.5:1 but I'm only getting about 11.5:1 and we think the problem could be that valve relief number they provided on the piston card, pretty hard to believe that there is a -13cc in just the valve relief. We were expecting 3 to 4 so that would cause me to loose a point of compression so I'm going to cc the pistons later today.
[list]
[*]10.725 deck
[*]4.360" bore
[*]4.25" stroke
[*]7.100" rod
[*]1.480" piston compression height (so i think that adds up to .020 in the hole)
[*].040 head gasket
[*]-13 cc piston valve reliefs

Pistons1.jpgPistons2.jpgPistons3.jpgPistons4.jpg
Last edited by WadeMetzinger; 05/13/20 02:38 PM.