Not much progress to report (I spent the last week racing Jr dragsters with my daughter at the NHRA Western Conference Finals) but I did finish the bottom end, springs set up on the heads and checking for #8 bung placement for oil drain back lines from the heads.

I have a new Milodon oil pump and Muscle motors cover for this motor but I think I'm just going to reuse the one I had on the 540" Frankenstein motor since it was working just fine and already set up. (I did pick up a new 4.25" stroke crank and 7.100" pistons from Molnar through Marsh Performance to put that motor back together for a back up)

I'm not sure if the new owners of KB still do this but when I purchased mine, it came with head studs, oil pan stud and timing cover studs, which was really nice.
- Anyone know of a kit or where to pick up bell housing studs? Since it's an aluminum block, I'd rather put studs in the block to mount the tranny too (J&W Ultrabell) rather than using 3/8 bolts.

I found these on ARP's site, but they are for Top Fuel and 7/16 but didn't see any in 3/8 size:
APR bell housing studs

Heads complete.jpgKB bottom.jpg