Installed the lifters, pushrods, rockers and adjusted the valve to .006.(assuming they will grow .010 to .015 when hot)

Installed the intake and spacers, since I milled .040 off the heads I swapped out 1 set of the .060 gaskets with a set of .030 and everything lined up perfectly.

Installed the oil pump drive and checked engagement of the distributor shaft and test fitted the Milodon oil pump and Muscle Motor pump cover.

Cut holes in the valve covers for the evac breathers and also installed baffles. No room for a vacuum pump so have to keep using old school evac system through the headers. (Alternator and Enderle fuel pump take up all the room up front)

Installed new cap and rotor and set up the wires (also swapped #4 and #7 for the cam).

Oil pan is getting 2 #8 bungs welded onto it for oil drain back from the heads, should be ready this week so I can pre-oil it.

APD 1275 Max Speed gas carb should be in the mail this week, will be using Renegade 112 race fuel.

I was hoping to dyno this week but it looks like it will be the week after the Topeka NHRA double divisional. A buddy of mine is letting me wheel his 1967 Camaro in SST. It's a beautiful all steel, all glass car that has been in their family for 50 years. Big Block Chevy 582” makes around 1,100hp but the car weighs a ton, like 3,400+ lbs.

Motor Almost 1.jpgMotor Almost 2.jpgMotor Almost 3.jpgCamaro.jpg