Originally Posted by 71TA
And who cares what the younger generation likes. You ever try listen to that stuff they call music smile Heck at least we could understand the lyrics to most 60's and 70's songs. I have 2 boys, 20 and 28. Both "like" cars but aren't "car guys" like most of us on here. Youngest is into Fortnite (dont get me started) and the older one spends all his money on latest (expensive) iphone, nice clothes (salesman at a Corvette/Cadillac dealership), eating out and more expensive Cheby truck than I've ever owned. Way wacky priorities now-a-days.

OBVIOUSLY we all like a newer vehicle as a daily driver but when I drive my 71 Challenger people don't even SEE the other cars around me. They either think that is one BAD ride or look at that old fool. Either way I really don't care. I know I built it, I can repair it, and it feels like an angry dump truck when I'm driving it. Wouldnt have it any other way. Dont get me wrong. I wouldn't mind a Hellcat or Demon but I'd still keep my dinosaur.

We think alike brother. I came oh so close to signing the papers on a newer SRT Challenger. , Thought hard about going to look at a 98 Viper GTS coupe. The Old car Im after , the Challenger is actually considerably cheaper and about same money as the Viper so its not about costs to me, its the smile I get when i open the garage door
But to me and my family .Only old iron will fill the void . My daughters ( ages 19 and 22 ) love the old stuff and in all honesty when they can afford one ,,,,WILL own there own someday I'm certain of it

A very good friend of mine owns a 1970 Hemi powered Cuda, A VERY stout running car AND he owns a new Challenger Demon redeye widebody. He sold his 1969 Daytona and the 1958 Chrysler 300 convertible to make garage space for the new Challenger. he didn't need the money to do ,,,just the room
He loves them both and will NEVER sell either of them . for HIM,,,,,,Its two very different feelings

Thats the nice thing about the world we live in, We can all like and enjoy different things . Drive our dream car that gets us all giggly when we kit that key. ,,,,,be them old , new or somewhere in between . I love it and think we live in some killer times for a gear head ,,,,,