Originally Posted by 4263rdGen

The new stuff is cool and yeah you can drive them across the country if you want to, not sure why you would though. They're still gas swilling V8's that cost a lot to maintain and run.

i strongly disagree with this.
in my opinion modern cars are extremely fuel efficient compared to older cars. also depending on what you are looking for. they drive , handle and stop much better over a old car.
i have a built supercharged 08 mustang that makes 650rwhp on pump 93 octane, 750+ on race gas. it gets 25+ mpg on the highway, and a easy 15 in the city depending on how you drive. i can easily drive to the track, add my race tune to the car ,run low 10's all day long, change back to my stock tune and drive home without even opening the hood if i didn't want to.
as far as maintenance. in my opinion there is less on a modern car than a older car. yes it's seems more complicated on a new car. in my opinion it's mostly different tools and mindset to work on them. once you understand how they work and get the proper tools it's not that bad. some things are much easier, some things are much more complicated. the biggest drawback is things can get pretty expensive depending on what you are doing. one bonus is most of the time, parts are much easier and you have more choices where to buy them for a modern car than a older one.
with that said it's hard to believe but there are a significant amount of parts that have been discontinued from the factory for my mustang. i am thankful there is a large aftermarket
support for it.

to the OP. CONGRATULATIONS on your decision. i know it was difficult but in the long run i think you will be happy with it.
i made the same decision a few years ago and have never regretted it.

Last edited by Mr T2U; 02/20/20 08:34 AM.

perception is 90% of reality