Congrats to the OP. Nice car!

I often find myself in a debate with myself over old vs new. I actually sold off my old cars some time ago and had gone a long time without driving anything older than the late 1990s. After that, hopping into anything from the sixties seemed the equivalent of driving a horse and wagon, which isn't a bad thing, necessarily, but it's more a feeling of nostalgia for simpler times of long ago than pure driving experience. That said, I recall driving my old iron back in the 1980s and wishing that it had better handling and braking, like we do now, so maybe it was my preference all along.

Really, though, it's all in what you want out of it. I've gotten to the point that I don't really care if I'm wrenching on something constantly, so the 'get in and drive' is more and more attractive to me. I guess things change, people change, etc. It's the way it goes... the only thing constant is change. I do miss my old cars from time to time, though, so I guess you never really get it out of your system.