Originally Posted by Ramrod39
I feel like I am in a place in life where I am done with the old car hobby but I don't know how to get out. I'm 64 now and I have 3 "classics" still on hand; a running, reliable '68 Dart (360,727, 83/4) that just needs some carb re-jetting and other small stuff, a running '65 Belvedere (493, 727, 83/4) that just needs some finishing up (rear wheel spacers, headliner, window regulator), and a show winning '69 Camaro SS clone I built 20 years ago (383, Muncie, 12 bolt) that has sat so long that the gas has gone bad. All are licensed and insured but need little things. I used to love to tinker with them but I do not have the interest anymore.

I keep thinking it is time to move some or all of them along and pick up a modern driving toy but that requires effort and dealing with potential buyers. I think I once liked building the old iron more than driving them but now I think I just want to drive something fast and trouble free and not turn wrenches. This has been bothering me for some time now...

This was me. I didn’t want to deal with folks and selling, but at the same time I didn’t have the interest in the cars and could use the shop space. I just “did it” if that makes sense. I put both on Facebook market and away they went. I tried to be as honest as I could without hiding anything. The satellite sold quicker than the barracuda but I had more screwball messages about barracuda. In the end it afforded me the opportunity to get a car I’ve really wanted for a few years, but never thought I’d be able to get it.