Originally Posted by polarconvert
The writing has been on the wall for the last 3yrs, You have to be blind not seeing it. I am in my mid fifties and so are all my car friends, I have been telling them its over. The younger generation wants a car like the OP has. A car to get into and go without worries. Younger generation is a throw away generation. If it cost too much to fix , throw it away and buy a better one. Its done kids.. Only the high dollar collectibles will be around for the ultra rich that have no idea on how to pull a head on a BB mopar and have the money to pay someone else. WHy buy a rattle box when you can buy a modern A/C car with double reliable HP with safety features that you could jump in and drive comfortably across the USA for less?

The new stuff is cool and yeah you can drive them across the country if you want to, not sure why you would though. They're still gas swilling V8's that cost a lot to maintain and run. If you're looking for a garage pet I'd still take the old stuff and that's what my next one will be. Lets see how many fire sales there are in this "dying" hobby for a 67 chevelle or 68/69 charger, I am thinking not many lol.