Originally Posted by Mr T2U
i drive it all of the time cross country. i daily drive it in the summer, i usually drive it 6-8000 miles a year. it's actually the nicest car i own.
with the exception of the aftermarket intake manifold that allows me to bolt on a stock GT500 TVS supercharger to a 4.6, upgraded clutch and headers. the rest of the parts on the car are stock OEM mustang parts. granted the motor internals, and the rear end have been modified to stronger internals.
my choices are a 2000 Honda accord with 150K my daily driver winter beater, 2000 dodge ram 4X4 with a 360 auto my occasional weekend parts hauler, and my mustang. actually after installing a GT500 6 speed man trans the mustang gets almost as good as gas mpg on the freeway as the Honda.
i something something comparable can be done to a new challenger or charger pretty easily. i bought a mustang because i got it really cheap after it was in to many fender benders by it's teenage driver. dad said no more after he got a new insurance quote with a teen driver and a mustang..

Yep. My 5.0 averaged right around 29 mpg @ 70 mph on a 1000 mile trip. About 8 mpg better than my wifes caravan @ 60 mph
Plus if I miss the rumble of a old muscle car idling, I just load in my ghost cam tune wink

2017 Mustang GT | Grabber Blue | MT82 | 3.31 | FIREHAWK INDY 500 | | JLT CAI | JLT Oil Separator | Heartthrob H-Pipe | K&N air filter | 93 octane tune by DIABLOMATT.
All motor 11.27 @ 125 mph 1.69 60ft on street tires