Quote:

Great thread albeit a little heated...

To the OP - a Dana would be more than enough for your application and save you a little coin.

Both rear ends have their pros n cons - guess it all depends on the application, budget etc.

I did a heap of research on both the Dana and the 9" - I went with a Dana, for a number of reasons that worked for ME.

Interestingly enough, on many forums, there are members (if you believe what they say) who have run Danas reliably with factory gears, housings, axles and carriers and have been reliably going 9s and some in the high 8s in street/strip type cars - FOR YEARS.

Somehow I don't see a factory 28-31 spine 9" doing the same - for long. Ive twisted both 28 and 31 spline 9" factory axles in a 3300b A body with a 400HP SBM

Just my experience

Love these posts, because my buddies buddy has one that works all stock it should be fine.

I have a 8 3/4 in my car ,8.50s, Brett has one in his car ,8.90s, and Tory has one in his car ,8.90s. All car are a bodies and weight from 2750 to 3195 lbs. So does this mean a 8 3/4 is the answer for cars running in the eights.

Brett Miller W9 cnc'd heads
STR Chassis fabraction