Quote:

This topic is amusing. Similar to the last post on this I am waiting for someone with experience to quote a price on a 9" or 9.5" rear with the back brace, axles, yoke, etc ready to install with a carrier that will live in a high 9-low 10 door car and still be okay on the street. When I talked to Dr. Diff about this he was adamant that the Dana 60 was a better deal due to the stronger/larger power lock internals. If I could find a reputable place to quote me on a Ford 9" it would be a consideration. Instead the guy with the good reputation is telling me different. And don't just tell me to "call a competent fab shop" because I'm not playing that game. That is how I ended up with all of the other junk that doesn't work right.

Call Currie or Moser and see what price they quote you The last comparision price I saw a long time ago in a magazine about this same debate was a Dana 60 was betwen $300.00 to $1200.00 less than the same equipted Ford nine inch type rear end, that was with no Ford parts in it, all aftermarket H.D or race parts The lastest quote I have heard of for a all out race chrome moly housing fully prep with all the mounts for a drag car was $2500.00 It ended up cracking and leaking after several races from tire shake, they had to have it welded up to repair it As far as all the race cars using nine inch type rear ends that sort of displaces the old adage about not being able to fol all the people all the time, huh I seem to remember the early Olds and Pontiac rear ends being the hot set up for drag rear ends back in the 1960 and early 1970s, before the Chrismans made up all the media hype about the Ford nine inch being so good How about we put this post to bed now I know that won't happen, will it

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)