Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I beg to differ on the weights of a 727 versus a TH400 or Ford C6, three drums versus two 904 parts in many, many SS race car trans Monte, I'm only trying to keep it true and honest

All I know, is that our fully race prepped 400 in a Reid case, weighs 5lbs more than the fully prepped, Reid cased powerglide it replaced. Both are CONSIDERABLY lighter than the fully raced prepped, alum drum 727, with CSI shield, that I still have from my own car. Yep, 904 stuff can be light, but that is usually in lower power, or small block, lightweight Comp eliminator cars, that those combinations live. Put it behind big block power and see how it lasts.

Again, it is about what is BEST for the application. You can't compare apples to zebras..........LOL!!!

Monte

Interesting weight difference. My proflite is lighter than my full JW case PG trans by a few pounds. As far as the big blocks go, many of the SS Hemi cars use them as well as some big block comp cars using Pro stock power. Lonny Johnson comes to mind and last I spoke with him, his had over 150 runs without touching it. I know they will not hold up to the power of a pro mod but as you said,what is best for the application.

Don't doubt that..........the JW case and bell is quite a bit heavier than the Reid stuff.

Monte