I like the Dana 60 for a lot of reasons (Strength, Cost) and I like the Ford for the sealed wheel bearings (packing and adjusting tapered roller bearings is not all that much fun )and the ease of changing ratios. Now I have the best of both worlds in the racer, Dana 60 case, Dr. Diff Spool, 4.10 gears, 35 spline Dutchman axles, Ford "Torino" wheel bearings, Ford 11" Drum brakes, 1350 Forged Pinion Yoke....assemble and forget it

I built a similar Dana 60-2 for the tow vehicle, narrowed 6" on left axle tube & shaft only, resplined (1) stock 35 spline axle, PowerLock carrier with 4.10 gears, stock 12" Jeep Drum brakes and new Forged 1310 Pinion Yolk. This will go under the '87 D100 daily driver that came to me with 16" aftermarket wheels (matching the Jeep Drums & wheel 5 on 5.5" bolt circle). Now I wish I had used a set of Ford 1/2 truck brakes and "Torino" wheel bearings (it came with the tapered roller bearings same as an 8.75") because I could use this under an A-body with 15" wheels (same width as the truck) A nice geared LSD like a Tru-Trac (sp) would be good , too because then I could forget about using special gear oil (no clutches).

Right now I have about $900.00 in the truck rear (bought yard fresh, rebuilt for $400.00)
and it is worth more than double that to me.

1986 Dodge Ramcharger 440 2wd, Bracket Racer Under Construction
1998 Ram 2500 QuadCab, new daily driver.
2008 Honda Element
2014 Carry-On 7x14 Cargo Trailer